- 25/06/2018 Workers wanted for the fourth industrial revolution: refrain human and time wasters (Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and news, Internet of Things, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)The fourth industrial revolution or Industry 4.0 is at our doorsteps, and it will likely be the last one. We are about to enter a future where no job is "safe" from automation: heralded apocalypse or the beginning of a new age? Let's have a look at the possible solutions.
- 19/06/2018 YOLO: an ultra-fast open source algorithm for real-time computer vision (Artificial Intelligence) (by Andrea Missinato)YOLO and the family of the Single-Shot Decoders contributed for a quantum leap in Computer Vision.
- 01/05/2018 India – The innovative capacity of the Jugaad Nation (World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)India: from unification and slavery under the British East India Company to the push for becoming a leading role in the technological rodeo of Artificial Intelligence.
- 25/04/2018 New Zealand: the rise of the Kiwis of the Middle-earth (World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)Most of the tourists come to New Zealand for the stunning landscapes, but other than that, there is a country that is at the top of the list for ease of doing business, and that has been able to transform its ability to improvise in the ability to innovate.
- 01/04/2018 Deep coding: when the machine learns to code by itself (Artificial Intelligence, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)Deep coding: let the machines do the coding. Are we just about leaving them the dirty work, or outsourcing our last link to the loop?
- 31/03/2018 Machine Learning part II – Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) (Artificial Intelligence, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)Two neural networks "fighting" each other in a zero-sum game. Generative adversarial neural networks are among the most interesting advances in Artificial Intelligence in the last 10 years.
- 17/03/2018 China: The Way of the Dragon (Technology, World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)China: from the Great Wall to the Great Firewall. The complexity of a nation on the edge between economic boom, hi-tech revolution, political censorship and social conflicts.
- 16/03/2018 Machine Learning Part I – Neural Networks Demystified (Artificial Intelligence, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)Artificial Neural Networks demystified are the foundation of the modern machine learning. A gentle math-less introduction on what they are and how they work.
- 06/01/2018 Multi-Agent and Jade platforms: an Italian de facto standard (Internet of Things, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)With Big Data and 5G multi-agent technology is going to be back. Jade is an open-source standard in the field and it is Italian
- 20/12/2017 Artificial Intelligence towards automated fake news (Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and news) (by Andrea Missinato)Mass-media have been shaping public opinion since forever. Now Artificial Intelligence brings us in the era of automated fake news.
- 15/11/2017 Sophia: citizenship and identity might have to be thought again (Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and news) (by Andrea Missinato)The citizenship Saudi government awarded to the android Sophia is an act that might become an unprecedented legislative trap.
- 01/11/2017 Artificial Intelligence and ethics: fears and controversy (Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and news, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)The application of Artificial Intelligence to autonomous weapons presents some important ethical issues yet to be tackled.
- 01/11/2017 Israel: a look to Silicon Wadi (World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)Israel has become one of the biggest breeding grounds of technology start-ups in the world. Now it's time to grow from Exit-nation to Scale-Up nation.
- 24/10/2017 North Korea and technology: a look inside the most reclusive country in the world (World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)North Korea is one of the most complex countries to comprehend: target of tightener and tightener sanctions, it still managed to innovate... in its own way.
- 10/10/2017 The Russian connection: emerging startups, cybercrime and state technology (World Wide Innovation) (by Andrea Missinato)The old homeland of Czars and Soviets has given way to a modern Russia that is investing big to catch up with technological innovation.
- 09/10/2017 Hitchhiker’s guide to quantum computers (Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)Quantum computers are becoming a reality, and they might soon revolutionize the world of computing and cryptography as we know it.
- 07/10/2017 The world of Soccer as we know it is about to be hit by Big Data tsunami (Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Technology) (by Andrea Missinato)Big Data hits the world of soccer. Behind performance, expected goals, real-time analysis, and video clips there is an expanding business.